Thursday 2 July 2020

PERSONALISED SOUND! SKULLCANDY CRUSHER ANC HIDES CONFIGURATION SOFTWARE!

PERSONALISED SOUND! SKULLCANDY CRUSHER ANC HIDES CONFIGURATION SOFTWARE!


The Skullcandy Crusher ANC headphones come with the ability to customise the sound to your own hearing. Unfortunately, it's entirely necessary to find how and where it is you do it. The Skullcandy website as a video that tells you that this feature is available, just not how to access it. I had downloaded the Skullcandy app to my android compatible phone and I honestly thought that all it did was reproduce what you could find in the hard copy of the instruction manual (white on a black background in really tiny print). Not finding the means by which I could customise the sound, I reasoned that there had to be a separate and entirely different app for doing this and I was keen to use this feature because I happen to have a moderate hearing loss as well as living with a severe sight impairment. The more I looked around for information, the more I encountered angry fellow users who had also failed to be able to use this feature. At one point, I honestly thought that the app that operated the customisable sound must be only available for Apple handheld devices! I also found myself going back through all the packing material, wondering whether there was a handheld device that came with the headphones. Nothing appeared to make any sense.
Squirrelled away in just one piece of information that I managed to find, was a reference to a button that you could very easily miss and was part of the Skullcandy app. This is what you do. You run the app and get as far as Bluetooth being logged in (see left-hand screenshot below). Two thirds of the way down the screen you will see a small faint line of text that is also a link and enables you to skip the instructions, click on this. You then get as far as the right-hand screenshot and there is a teeny-tiny button with a silly wavy line graphic, at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (I have drawn in a red arrow to help you find this). You click on this and then you can begin the whole process of performing the hearing tests on yourself. One other thing, at the end of all the tests there isn't anything that tells you that your settings have been automatically saved to your headphones, the test just comes to an end, with no way of quitting out of it. Don't worry about this, just close the app in another way!


No comments:

Post a Comment